Monday, July 23, 2018

Week 3:

BSc Creative Computing Project - NWC605COM
WEEK 3 :
23rd JUL 2018

I can now to actually begin to connect the features together. Using the bridge tool I can select the faces below the eye and scale the downwards. 


Afterwards I extrude the edges downwards to create the cheek. Adding subdivisions within those faces allows me to create the shape of the cheek. 
 In addition to this I also select the faces on top of the eye region and extrude them upwards so I can no go about creating the outline of the head. In order to help build the face I select the faces under the chin and extrude then downwards creating some depth to the face. Then I fill in the rest of the faces (anywhere that needs to be filled in the face region) and then adjust the faces so that its mimicking the reference image like seen in the pictures below.




Creating the ears is always tricky to be honest. My method of making the creation of the ear is to first  I insert a poly-cylinder and delete the back faces so you have something to work with. Even though I have no side reference I can still create an ear nonetheless, I just need to continue to rotating the model round to see the side view of what it is that I am creating. Also anther thing that helps is that not working in 'object mode' because this way you will not be able to see the back faces so its best to work in the vertex mode where you can see what it is you're altering. Then lastly extruding the back faces of the ear to create some depth and then once one side is done use duplicate special to replicate it to the other side, like I did before with the arm and leg.






Creating the nostril by Grabbing those faces and pushing them backwards is what creates the nostrils and then connecting them together again to so they are combined doing this creates depth or to get this you could just use bevel on the inner face and extrude the faces upwards.







No comments:

Post a Comment