Saturday, September 1, 2018

Evaluation


BSc Creative Computing Project - NWC605COM

                                              Evaluation

Why did I pick the 1st initial idea over all the other project ideas?

The reason as to why I choose to do a male model superhero character using Maya as opposed to all the other initial ideas is firstly the I figured the Self-Driving car robot Idea would be unrealistic as I wouldn’t be able to create as I have difficulty with coding. Another reason as to why this project would be unrealistic is that I have never created one before, so I would not even know where to start. Moving on to the 2D game of Pong, in wouldn’t enjoy this as a project very much as I am also not interested in gaming. Whereas with the Maya project always loved using the software.

Overall, I decided to do the Maya model project idea. I wanted to stick to 1st project idea as I already have the skills, it also works to my advantage that i am quite familiar to Maya's user interface but there ids always room for improvement. Even though I have the skills I found that when I was doing my assignments for the 3D modelling and animation unit I found it difficult to animate the model and scene properly and I wanted to improve. 

What unforeseen circumstances did I come across when
 making the project?

  • I created the male model character and had a rigged animation but had trouble attaching it to the maya model.
  •  Maya kept crashing when I was trying to work on my laptop.
  • When modelling it was very irritating when I went to select a group of faces and then it would alter that section and then rotate the model round to the other side only to find out that the model
  • Every time my mesh was smoothened I lost a lot of volume, this was a problem that often occurred, so if I were to do it again I would take this into mind, to make sure that my model matched my reference on point. 

What could have been done better?
*

Time & Organization
*    In terms of me being organized I would say that I even though I was very realistic in terms of what I would be able to do I believe that I could have organized myself a lot better. The reason why I say this is because even though I managed to create my model my project wasn't finished as my final model wasn’t animated.



Animation and clothes
*    In addition to this even though the model was textured it didn't have any clothes. If I were to improve the Maya model I would defiantly added animation and clothing to the Maya model.

*  Preparation
If I were to do my project again I wouldn’t underestimate the amount of time I had as I thought it was enough and it really wasn’t as I didn’t get to finish the model completely I would definitely spend more time on my project as opposed to having breaks. In addition to this every time my mesh was smoothened I lost a lot of volume, this was a problem that often occurred, so if I were to do it again I would take this into mind.

Summary

Overall in regards to how I felt about the whole project as a whole, I will say that I tried to the best of my ability to keep to time, all though I might not of done it well I can hand on heart say that I tried and that I am very proud and happy of the final model that I have produced. In addition to this even though the process of it all was frustrating at times once I practiced and got the hang of things, i became familiar with things and they tasks became a lot easier to achieve. Reflecting on the whole project I am proud of myself and the time and effort that I have put into this project. As I'm happy that I chose this project because I have learnt many skills and if I were to do the same project or set to create another model using Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment